I am stuck in a contract with Pinnacle and pay them $40/month. The last two times my alarm went off in the middle of the night, they never called to see if I was okay. When I called them later, they had no record of the alarm going off. Luckily they were false alarms; the door blew open in a wind storm and my cat dropped a mirror and shattered it, triggering the glass-break system I have. What if they were true emergencies and I was unable to call 911 myself?

To test the system I have to be home but their tech support is only open on weekdays and 9-12 on Saturdays (even though their recorded message and website say it is open on Saturdays from 7a - 8p). It is 12 noon on a Saturday and when I call the tech support number the pre-recorded message take me through several steps and finally tells me it is going to connect me to technical support and that they look forward to speaking with me and then it disconnects! No matter which selection I choose (I called back several times) all the tech support options disconnect you.

Is it legal to insist I pay for a service because I am in a contract with them but they can choose not to supply the service?

This is maddening!

Had an Experience with Pinnacle Security?

Comments